Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Doin' What Comes Naturally

I've often wondered why, when I make art, I can't seem to settle on a certain style of art that says ME. I guess I'ts probably a good thing that I do what I feel at any given moment. I've started a Daily Drawing Pages ...which is quite cartoon like. I saw something like it in Teesha Moore's Blog...she calls hers Daily Drawing Diary...and her divisions are bigger than the 3x3 size which I chose for mine....takes less time to fill a 3x3 square. It's all in black ink on white drawing paper and even though it tells about my day...I don't know how clear my telling of the day's events (or the day's most important event)will be to the viewer. The main goal is to draw...daily...and if I don't get going, I'll be working on today's and tomorrow's....tomorrow. So that might be something to draw about. Procrastination. Then there's the piece in the middle...a kind of a dreamy, girly piece that I did recently...in a kind of dreamy, girly style. Who is the real me? Probably all of them and then some. Confusion usually reigns supreme in my mind. And surprisingly, I'm quite comfortable with that. ......and just take a look at's what below Dream-Girl here.....

Saved the 'best' (?) for last...... I made a piece of MailArt today that is almost Dali-esque...I don't even understand from where in my head it came. Will the real me please stand up?

2 comments:

Ruthykins said...

first of all, i love dali, so any reference to him is great! i love all the art today! the dream girl is so dreamy, i want to feel the way she seems to feel.

Emelie said...

Hi Irene

I came by because I saw that you do some quilting, that interested me as I do art quilts. I also saw your profile from Nora's blog.
Now I see this beautiful art work you do and haven't taken enough time to look at everything yet.
You do have a variety of looks, I think that gives the artist something new all the time. Like me I am never sure what may come from a start, I know when I am done but, not always.

I thought you might like to see some of the quilts at my blog, there are several, and the loon quilt I thought you might like as Nora and I have talked about that since last winter. Only a couple of times. But it is fun to see that and then see that wonderful painting she just completed.

So I will look around your site some more and just enjoy the beauty of your work.

I am a blogger that talks a lot.
Emelie http://emeliesartandsuch.blogspot.com/