Sunday, February 28, 2010

More Art & Soul 2010, Las Vegas, NV

Here's an example of the kind of papers we created for our art journals in Carla Sonheim's workshop on 02-24-2010. It's hard to believe that all of this beautiful, textured paper started out as simple pieces of junk mail...envelopes, advertising flyers, etc. The binder rings are temporary...I'll eventually replace the rings with beaded ribbon or twine...something much more interesting than plain old binder rings. My little book is now ready for the addition of art and journaling. The scans don't really show how beautiful the color and texture really is. Yes, hiding behind one of the pages you see what looks like a face. That was an advertisement for Las Vegas Ballet Company's Nutcracker before Christmas. I left some of the Nutcracker's face exposed for interest on that page. I noticed that he was peeking out from behind the pages I was scanning...there are lots of surprises like that on these pages. It was easy, fun, and resulted in what you see here. It was a great class!


2 comments:

Ruthykins said...

how fun! this is giving me ideas for scrapbooking.

VBR said...

Beautiful blog and artwork.
Thanks for sharing your experience in the class at Art & Soul. This sounds like a class I would really like to attend.