Monday, June 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Millie


My baby sister's 67th birthday is in about a week...so I decided to take advantage of all that I was learning about Digital Layering in Gail Schmidt's class and created a special card for the occasion. I found a battered black & white photo of my sister taken when she was about 1 or so. I restored the photo and colorized it...then sat her at the head of the table...a birthday party with a few friends (digital elements from Scrapbook Graphics). Every element in the collage...each cup, saucer, chair, etc...were placed on layers of their own...then manipulated, shaded, colored, etc. until they looked like they all belonged together. The hardest part was the old photo that I had to start with...I really had to work to get it to look natural. I couldn't have done it without layers...and a couple of my favorite toys: Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 and Corel Painter 11.

1 comment:

Ruthykins said...

that's really cool. i like how you call her your "baby sister" at 67