Sunday, February 22, 2009

It Must Be Love

DH is scheduled for classes on Mon and Tue...in Redlands, CA. So he rented a car and drove there from here (Las Vegas)...stop and go the whole way. What was to be about a 3+ hr drive turned into a 6 1/2 hr ordeal. He finally called me from his hotel. Exhausted but safe.

Every time he has to be away from home for something or other I realize again just how much I love and miss him. I know that it's just for two nights this trip...but it's like being half of a whole. I guess that's what being soul mates is. When together some kind of something happens that allows our two halves to become more than just a whole. The bud becomes the flower. (isn't that the most cornball thing to say. or what?!...he brings out the weird in me sometimes.) I love our marriage...and I love saying it...and I guess I will happily anticipate his call tomorrow. Tonight...it's just me and the 5 dogs...and I might just let them all sleep with me in the bed.

1 comment:

Tatooinesky said...

I know what you mean. Every time I have to be away from home for work, I realize how much I love my wife and kids.