Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lots of X's...no O's

Love doing counted cross stitch...it's sort of Zen. Meditating on the X...pretty soon the bit becomes part of the whole. Neat, huh? And I don't have to think about anything while doing this....just the X. Not (completely) mindless....almost never boring...and, like the steady, resonant sound of the hall clock's pendulum....a great reliever of stress. If more people did cross stitch....there would be fewer wars. Just a great, smiling mass of humanity focused on......The X. At peace.

3 comments:

Ruthykins said...

i used to cross stitch a lot. i get the same relaxation from crochet.

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

I love your blog! I agree that cross stitching is very much Zen for me too!

Jennifer

http://www.feathersinthenest.blogspot.com

Tatooinesky said...

XXXXX XXXX XXX
XXX XXXX XXXXX
XX XX XX XX XXXX XXXX

? I don't see the apeal ?

:-)