Friday, June 26, 2009

The Art Journal





Well here we are again...but this time with a couple of pages that I just did in my Art Journal. You'll notice that there are very few words and lots of color and stuff...that's why it's called an Art Journal, I guess. On the top...the one I call Canary Fandango....is my version of what happens when you have a male canary and add a sweet little female to keep him company. In our case three eggs happened....and then three chicks...and then a much larger canary "condo" to house them all. The Dad's and Mom's names are Twitter and Tweet. I keep referring to the little ones as Huey, Duey & Louie...but I think that only one is actually a male: the one that sings. And sing he does...Wow is all I can say about his singing. It's pretty impressive to say the least...he trills, yodels, and chirps while balancing on the little swing at the top of their Canary Condo.

The page with the two little girls/females/women (take your pick) is how I feel about my sister. Neither of us is as young as I pictured...except in our hearts and heads. I'm a short & chubby brunette and she is taller, much thinner and a blonde...but hey, I can take artistic license and show me with purple hair and her with orange....and....get away with it. Cause I can use any color that I want when I play with my paints, pencils and crayons. So that's that. Except to say that I once upon a time about 40 years ago had a dress exactly like the one that I dressed my "cute self"...on the left...yes, the one with purple hair...in. (isn't that the worst sentence...gramatically...that ever was?) I made that dress on my little Singer...and it looked exactly like that...except that the red dots were actually red strawberries with little green tops. It's funny how things...way out of the past...come back to you from their storage compartment somewhere in the brain. Things that existed once but were forgotten (so you thought). I only noticed it (the dress) hours after I had completed the drawing. I wonder what else I might have stored in the deep recesses of my good old brain. More pictures could unveil more memories. Interesting thought. But enough for now. Blog at y'all later.

1 comment:

Ruthykins said...

i get memories from songs. today i was listening to a song that i hadn't heard in about 15 years and i could suddenly smell the classroom where i had heard it. i was in a dance group in high school and we used to listen to music while getting ready.