Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Little More Carving



Well, here I am again. Carved a carrot yesterday. This might just become one of a series of vegatable stamps that I make. Who knows, I may just wind up with a giant rubber salad. No carving today...at least none as of now (1:30 pm Pacific Time)...I think that I'll try working on my Art Journal. I always have plenty of stuff that I want to draw and paint...I don't always have a lot to say. I might have whatever it is that I draw be a prompt for my writing. I know for sure that I'll be able to squeeze out a word or three....just take this blog, for instance....I'm writing a lot but have said very little. When I was about 12 I decided that I needed to have a diary (now it's called a journal...makes it sound more important somehow). I was overjoyed when I got a diary for Christmas. Decided that the 1st of January was going to be the day when I started writing about my daily doings. On New Year's Day I opened my wonderful, new diary...and on the first page wrote: Dear Diary....and that, was about the extent of it. I think that I was intimidated by the blank page followed by just a whole lot of other blank pages...and gave up right there and then. I would have probably written a lot of stupid stuff....but it would have been fun for me to read later...like now. It would have been fun to see who that 12 yr old girl was back then. As it is...I can't remember a thing about what I did or thought about then. Sad, isn't it? But a good reason to try again...without the "Dear Diary" part.

1 comment:

Ruthykins said...

dear journal...i guess now it's dear blog. at least that's how it is for me. i haven't written in a journal in forever. i really should start one again.