Tuesday, July 21, 2009

More Bald Goddesses and an Art Deco Princess

I'm spending the better part of each day drawing. Who needs housework when one has ART!!! I think that I'm just bursting with excitement about
having learned this new and wonderful thing. I finally understand how to draw a face!
It all starts with some basic math....and a ruler. The weird thing is that once I understood the proportions of a face (that's the math part) and how to draw a face map (just like a street map...except this one helps you find where the eyes, nose and mouth usually live)...the rest just fell into place. Like magic....except it helps if you've practiced drawing eyes, noses, lips, gray scales and spheres first. My bald goddesses will eventually have something like hair on their heads...maybe not hair...but something. Tomorrow is class #2. Color.

No comments: