Monday, December 14, 2009

To Get Mail.....You Must Send Mail

To get mail, send mail.....that's the Mail Artist's mantra. And to think that I almost forgot to tell you that in my earlier post. Besides, I wanted to show you another of my MailArt postcards....and a few of my Artistamps. The one above is first in a series of stamps I've been working on. Issued by The Camel Islands (a tiny grouping of five islands in the Dromedary Archipelago)...(Hey, they're my pretend stamps!...I can do pretend countries too!)

This is the first in a series of stamps issued under my very own name (the Greek version) that honors humble household vessels.

This issue is from another of my little kingdoms, Apiary Island, the home to myriad beautiful insects and ruled by Queen Bee. Maybe I should refer to it as a queendom.

And this, of course, is Queen Bee. And wonderful creatures they are indeed.....aerodynamically not at all suited for flight; they DO! Which just goes to show you that nothing is impossible. Bees fly because they believe they can. Now I've just given you a meme to think about and incorporate in your deepest self. Or not. Your choice.

And this is a postcard. This is the non-minimalist version. I my previous post I showed the minimalist version...which I mailed to a wonderful artist in Japan.





No comments: