Monday, January 25, 2010

Another Class Begins

Fabulous Faces....that's what the new workshop is called. First session (PDF & Video) was up today...so, of course, I watched and read, took a few notes on materials, and started drawing. I haven't done many faces lately because I've been doing MailArt and trades with a couple of other groups to which I belong...so I've gotten a little rusty. The first attempt was OK...not great, but OK. I think that I got more graphite on my hands and fingers than I did on the paper. I had to really wash my hands before I could even begin to erase all of the smudges on the paper. For #2 I decided that I'd get a better result if I used better quality paper and got control of my pencil-work. None of this starting with a heavy hand and a 2B graphite crayon right off the bat. I started with a very light touch and built up the layers of shading....and I'm pretty happy with the result. Off to bed now. Tomorrow: more drawing, dentist appt., and more drawing. There's no way to be unhappy when you're making art. I'm convinced that art and music heal the soul and bring you to a peaceful place in this chaotic world. Got a little philosophical there, didn't I? Well...G'night all.


1 comment:

Ruthykins said...

yes, art and music are good for the soul