Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Portrait #4 Week 1


Hi...y'all getting bored yet? Well, this class runs for six weeks and you'll probably be seeing

many more faces before it's over. Next week we do full face again...but this time we'll be painting onto our drawing. Subsequent weeks will have us drawing and painting and (later) adding collage to our work. So far, I'm pretty pleased with how it's going...for me and for everone else in the class (we're up to 81 now...and growing). Then, in late February, I'll be boring you with stories of my adventures in wonderland at Art and Soul...here in Las Vegas for the first time. Yes...and I'll be posting more artwork from that. So Exciting...I can hardly stay on an even keel even with the thought of being able to attend, much less doing two all-day workshops. That's all I have to say for now. Time for bed soon...I'm starting to yawn.

4 comments:

Ruthykins said...

well, i know i'm not getting bored. keep it all coming.

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Hello Irene,
You are doing some great sketches and there is a postcard down there with 3 lovely ladies that speaks to me. I think it is a postcard.
Anyway I'm so looking forward to having you in my Faces: All Norah'S class. Thanks for joining.

Emelie said...

Thanks for coming by my blog, so glad you saw Nora's class, did you watch the video on doing faces. Also another video on napkins and security envelope backgrounds which is also fun.

You do wonderful faces, lovely eyes and hair. You will be oding more. Such fun.

I have been an artist for many years, and I never get over how many different ways there are to do the same thing and have a different look. I think that is what makes this so much fun. I don't even do it the same sometimes and work for different looks. Emelie

I will be by again to look at more faces and other work. I have been on the computer a lot today.

Diane said...

Hi Irene, I'm from Suzi's G. and Poet class (I loved your art there!) And I see that you're also in Sharon's class!! I can't wait for that to start. I love your sketches here--I was almost thinking about Willowing's class, but I decided against it. I LOVE Suzi's class!