Monday, January 4, 2010

Hey! It's 2010!

Here we go again! A new year! I refuse to make any resolutions....because I never seem to be able to stick to them. I'm looking forward to the year ahead...lots of exciting happenings for me. First...there's a new on-line art class that I've signed up for. Portraits again...but this one is being taught by Tam LaPorte..."Willowing and Artist Friends" is the NING site. She's teaching the how-to's of full face, 3/4 face and face in profile. Should be a great class! Another exciting happening for me....I'm signed up for two workshops at "Art and Soul"! To get to A & S has been a dream of mine for years. At one time the event was only in Portland, OR. This year it's come to Las Vegas! As soon as I found out about it....I had my little Pay-Pal thing ready to go. So, in February I'll be in an all day Encaustic Painting workshop...and, on the following day, all day...an Junk/Art Journal class. Basically it's using junk-mail as a substrate for art journal pages.....my gesso is ready to go! More exciting stuff....our little piece of land in the deep North woods now has it's very own well! Soon there will be a pump, etc, etc,...and maybe, before long....a real house! In the meantime...the cabin is getting more and more comfortable at two rooms, sleeping loft, wonderful wood burning stove and....a huge covered porch on which to sit and dream. Cool! Also exciting....and almost beyond my imagination...is that we'll be going to Turkey for a wedding in the summer! For someone who's hardly ever gone anywhere....to travel to places like Istanbul and Ankara (where the wedding is going to be) is blowing out the circuits in my brain. Just the thought of it gets my imagination spinning. I think this is going to be a memorable year....and isn't anticipation a thrill-and-a-half ? If I have any resolutions at all for this or any other year.....it's that I make the most of every moment of my life. I wish this for all who read this.....take joy in living. There's beauty to be found everywhere...you just have to open your heart. Talk to you all later. xoxo

2 comments:

Ruthykins said...

wow! turkey! that's awesome! i really like this post. first of all, i like the owl pictures and then you talked about the art thing you get to go to. then you talk about your cozy cabin. then this amazing trip. this post is definately a feel good post. lately it seems that everything else i read has been a downer, so it's so nice to read something exciting like this! thanks for having a great outlook on life and for sharing it with us!

roc said...

wow..you have a lot to look forward to this year! i'm so happy for you. i hope you will share all your adventures with me!