Monday, February 8, 2010

And The Faces Just Keep On a-Comin'





Well....you can see that I've been keeping myself busy. I'm in two on-line workshops now! So now...there's double the homework. The pictures you see above, I painted yesterday and today for Sharon Tomlinson's class. They're little...only 6 x 6 each. It's hard to believe that I used my exact same pencil drawing of the face to come up with two such opposites. One, a demure and shy young lady...and the second, The Painted Lady of Bourbon Street...that's what I've named her. Could it have been the influence of the New Orleans Saints win in yesterday's Superbowl game that came to life in my red-head. Or was it the mischievous little being that sometimes just takes charge of my paint-pots and pencils? I'll never figure it out. But just seeing them side by side....what a Hoot! And I did have a good time painting the Belle of Bourbon Street.

1 comment:

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Fabulous job. They are definitely sisters thou. One stayed at the plantation and the other found her way to Bourbon Street!