Saturday, February 20, 2010

Not a Face in the Crowd...Almost

Well...it's another day. I was rummaging through the chaos that I call my 'Art Room' when I came across two collages that I made a couple of years ago when I was just making the transition from doing all watercolor and ink paintings to collage. For some reason, I found them much more interesting now than when I first made them. The colors are juicy....I love when colors burst out of a page and jangle and clang against one another. And both paintings say something (at least to me they do...they didn't when I made them and that's probably why they ended up in my Box of Odds & Ends). Others might disagree with me...and that's OK. ......"eye of the beholder" and all. But that said...I'm pretty pleased with them. Pleased enough that I might just have to frame and hang them. And there you are. The only face in these is 1. a clock and 2. the little jester on the card in the second painting....and I don't think that either really counts. So, no faces today....just color and pattern and color and color. Ciao for now.

2 comments:

Ruthykins said...

i like them both, but for different reasons. i like the honeycomb pattern on the first one. on the second one i like the pages of writing. they make me want to go read, which i love

Astrid Maclean said...

These are both stunning!! The colours are just my sort of colours and I love the whole style of them.
Just stumbled upon your blog via "Amusing Ms" but see you are doing Norah's/Sharon's portraait class too. Really enjoyed browsing your blog!