Friday, February 19, 2010

Another Day...Another Face

Today I painted a dark skinned woman. I really struggled with getting the skin tone natural looking and not cloudy or muddy. I was trying to paint a woman with beautiful skin and large, gorgeous eyes....and I think that I might have done OK. I did a painting a few months ago where
my subject had a darker complexion....but that was by accident. It just happened. This portrait was deliberate. I had to really think about what I was doing. Several times I almost gave up...but, being stubborn, I knew that this was something I had to do. And...for it being my first time...I think that I did pretty well. I'm happy with the result. But I know that I'll do better next time. I'm convinced that to paint well, to draw well, even to plaster walls well....practice is the key. And practice is what I'll be doing. So I'll be boring all who read my little Blog with more paintings and more babble about playing with paints, crayons, mediums, pencils, etc. etc. It's good to be a kid again.

1 comment:

Ruthykins said...

practice is key to everything. i think this lady turned out very nice. thanks for commenting on my blog. you made my mom ask about you.