Monday, May 10, 2010

I Am Who.


I Am Who is the answer...at least on this journal page. The question : Who Am I ? Being Who is not at all strange. After all, Horton heard them...so they exist. And there you are. I strayed from the one-color scheme. I didn't set out to break that rule (month 2 of 365 Journal workshop)...but as soon as I had sketched her, she demanded color. That happens to me a lot. I start out with something in mind...a plan...and wind up with something completely different. I drew an exaggerated figure on purpose....because that was where my head was today (on a flight of fancy)...but then the drawing decided that being monochromatic was not in her future. So I went with the new plan. I usually have no choice. Things just happen. That's the way it was today. So here she is, minimalist palette and all...asking, almost whispering, "Who Am I ?" ....and answering her own question with: "I Am Who." I'm not going to try to figure out what the heck that means...it just is. Bye for now.

2 comments:

Ruthykins said...

she looks like a mother waiting for me to give her some answer other than "i don't know". out of the frame of the picture she's got her right hand on her hip. anyway, that's who i think she is.

roc said...

i loved that horton heard those whos! i love that you think you can hear them too!