Saturday, July 11, 2009

Another Drawing?


Well...here I am again. And here's my latest practice face. The class (for which I'm practicing) starts on Wednesday. I can't wait. It's called: The Goddess and the Poet. We'll be learning how to make stylistic/realistic faces and poetry in our art journals. I've just been playing around with an art journal for some time now...but in a more whimsical style than what I'll be doing for this class. I've been using bright colors...wild patterns...lots of black and white borders or accents. This class presents a challenge because the style will be much more subtle than what I do now. The instructor (this is an on-line class) is Suzi-Blu....and if you've ever seen her work, been to her website or seen any of her You-Tube videos...you'll know how terrific she is...both as an artist and teacher. Many of her videos are free of charge...so check her out. You'll love her. Click on the little Suzi-Blu box at the left of the screen...it will connect you. I know that I'll be taking other classes from her.....why don't you join me?(and about a hundred other people) I've never met her in person but already think of her as the kind of friend I'd love to have. Enough already with the blogging. As the class progresses I'll be posting my stuff for all to see....and, if you want, comments are OK too.

No comments: