Monday, September 28, 2009

La Flora



Here's my latest mixed media painting. She's on wood. This is the first time that I've tried to paint a darker skin tone...and I think that I might have done something right...because I'm really pleased with the result. The on-line workshops that I've been taking are really paying off...I'm much more comfortable with the process of drawing, collage, under-painting, etc.
La Flora is 12x12....about 4" of the painting (to the right of the figure) is cut off due to the limitations of my scanner. I know that I should use a camera...but it's so much easier and faster just to scan stuff. xoxo

3 comments:

roc said...

she's beautiful!

Ruthykins said...

i love the flowers. she's beautiful.

Outstanding Stranger said...

Wow...I love your work. I just saw you over at Amusing Muses. Beautiful blog. Hugs, Diane