Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My New Pink Dress



I am finishing up some little Petite Doll paintings that I sketched during the time I was taking SuziBlu's class. This one is painted on a 6x8 canvas panel. The flowers are hand carved stamps that I made a couple of nights ago while watching TV. I have two additional paintings on the same kind of substrate that I want to finish...and then I think that I'll play around with doing paintings on small canvases (6x6 and 6x8) which are stretched over frames that are 1 3/8" thick. I think that it would be fun to run the painting right over the edge of the canvas. The pieces wouldn't even have to be framed because they'd have a finished profile. Yesterday I went to my favorite art supply store...Dick Blick...and found that they were having their annual 50% off canvas sale...so I bought what I came for (a bottle of white acrylic ink and a kneaded eraser)...and then added a supply of canvases too.

I'm taking another on-line portrait class...this time it's straight acrylic paints...and learning how to work with values. It's being taught by Jane DesRosier...she does wonderful paintings. Love her work. I took a textures class from her earlier in the year. What I find so exciting is that as I'm learning...and practicing (that's the key here, I think)...I can see my work improving. Well...that's all for today. I'm going to do some pencil sketching, play with the dogs, and cook up a little dinner.

2 comments:

Ruthykins said...

very nice. i like the translucent quality of the dandylions.

roc said...

your class sounds very interesting!