Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Busy...busy...busy....

Over the last week or so I've been concentrating on getting pages drawn-collaged-painted-etc. for a heart journal page swap. Although I've made a lot of ATC sized (2 1/2 x 3 1/2) art in the past....I've been working on larger works lately. This swap is forcing me to work small again...and it's a challenge...but fun too. The rules are to do the front and back sides of a half-heart page....4" long and 2 1/4" at the widest part of the heart. Each participant has chosen a theme....so every half-heart page you make is different. You can also make a front and back cover for your little art journal. I only have two hearts to do...and I'm done! My theme is "Time for Tea"...and my front and back covers are all ready to go. You can see my heart pages on Flickr. Here's the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdsong89130/ Well...got to get busy finishing up the hearts. My next challenge is making Bird People (or Bird Peeps)....I can't wait to get started. (Bird Peeps look like birds dressed up as people) It's a 5/5 swap with no limit to the number of participants. If you send 5 of your pieces...you'll get 5 back...each by a different artist. Time is a ticking....got to go.

2 comments:

Ruthykins said...

that sounds fun

roc said...

your journal covers are awesome!