Tuesday, February 2, 2010

COLOR!


Week 2 of Willowing's class...and I get to play with my paint pots again. The technique that she uses is completely different than what I learned with SuziBlu. I'm learning how to make color and shade by combining water media that I never thought was combinable (I'm not sure that's a real word). I just never thought that one could mix watercolor anything with acrylic paints. I do know that acrylics are a type of water color...but thought that once they were dry...nothing except ink, or graphite could live happily on top of it. Was I ever wrong! I'm using acrylics with watersoluble crayons and pencils...and everything seems to be blending happily. For me: an eye-opener. And here's my first attempt. I'm happy with how she turned out.

1 comment:

Ruthykins said...

i would never think of mixing media like that. it's nice when things work out well. i like the way this picture came out. color has a whole different feel than black and white.